I'm looking for a solution that can help me switch between using my MacBook Pro for work and my Windows 10 PC for play, using two desktop monitors and a TV. Ideally this would include a KVM to switch them as well as a recommendation for a dock for the MacBook that would be compatible with the rest of the setup. Here's the details:
MacBook Pro (15", mid-2019)
- 4 Thunderbolt 3 outputs
- Need a recommendation for a dock that accepts the power cable, USB input from the KVM, and display output to the KVM, as well as ideally an ethernet port
Windows 10 PC
- 5 USB-A inputs (3 that are 3.1, 2 that are 2.0)
- 1 HDMI 2.0 and 3 DisplayPort 1.4 graphics ports
Input Devices (that should be shared between computers)
- 1 keyboard with a pass-through port (2 USB-A 2.0)
- 1 mouse (USB-A 2.0)
- A headset in the keyboard pass-through
- Two monitors (one only has HDMI 1.3, the other only HDMI 1.4)
- A TV with HDMI inputs
Here's what may make this difficult: I'd like to be able to set the TV to sometimes mirror one of the monitors (it can be consistently the same monitor) and sometimes act as a separate third display. If that's not possible then I can live with it permanently mirroring one monitor.
I've never tried to set up KVMs or multi-monitor setups before, so any advice you can offer will be a big help!