I bought a flat cat6 cable a while back, It promptly got chopped into 2 and now I'm left with a 2 half cables. I bought another cable, which is now in use. I do however have 50 meters of cable. I also have a crimper and know how to use it.

What I do not have is any RJ45 connectors or boots. I would like to order a few (50 or 100) and then make use of my chopped up cable.

What I would like to do is get some boots that are made for the flat cable rather than have poorly-fitting square peg (cable) in a round hole scenario.

Any recommendations about where I could order/buy flat-cable RJ45 / boots would be welcome. I live in BC, Canada. (Online ordering with delivery would be prefereable)

1 Answer 1


Just some quick Googling, and I found this:

It's flat, It's CAT6, and it looks like it is what you need

  • Hey there, thanks for the effort, but I'm not sure if you read the question properly, or if I did not ask it will enough. Either way, I'm not looking for the cable. I'm looking for the end bits (the RJ-45 connectors that go with the flat cable... And the boots that go with the connectors.)
    – Jim
    Commented Jun 9, 2021 at 16:27
  • I think the end bits are standard built into the cable or it's the ethernet card in your computer...
    – Irsu85
    Commented Jun 10, 2021 at 7:39
  • Yes, when you buy a flat cable like the one you linked, they come as a all-in-one unit. Please re-read my question. In the first sentence, it explains why I want the connectors and boots. You get them for round cables (amazon.ca/VCELINK-Shielded-Modular-Ethernet-Connector/dp/…), I want them for the flat cables.
    – Jim
    Commented Jun 11, 2021 at 17:07
  • I don't know if they sell those...
    – Irsu85
    Commented Jun 12, 2021 at 6:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.