I'm looking for a small notebook for 9 year old to run Linux powerfully enough for programming and runing Minecraft to buy my son for this Christmas. I'm based in the UK.
- Small enough to suit a 10 year old, a 13" screen would be fine
- Not too heavy, he will only be using it at home but I want it to be easy for him to move around the house.
- He wants to learn basic programming
- He also wants to play Minecraft
- For these reasons, and because it requires less resources then Windows, I want to install Linux, preferably Ubuntu.
- Would better if it came installed with Linux, not Windows.
- It doesn't need to be super powerful, but at the same time it should be powerful enough to do the tasks mentioned above.
- A matte screen would be a bonus
- An SSD would be a bonus
To be clear, I do want a proper computer with a hard drive, not a Chromebook
Ive had a look at Acer, Asus and Lenovo - I think there might be a solution there, but I'm struggling to understand the range, nor can I see anything without Windows installed.
I'm looking to spend about £300.