I am looking for a headphone for a very specific situation and could use some suggestions.
- First of all, it must have very good noise isolation: not as much for me, but more for those in the same environment, whom I don't want to trouble with whatever I'm hearing. Therefore, I thought of a closed-back headphone.
- Second, I live in a very warm weather, which reaches over 40°C (100°F) in summer, accompanied by high humidity. So, I need the headphones to be as breathable as possible, which kinda goes against my previous point... I have had on-ear headphones before, and found them to be incredibly uncomfortable at these temperatures, due to the contact between the padding and the ear skin, so I think Over-the-ear devices are probably better suited to me.
- Still on the topic of very warm weather, I have heard very good things about velour pads and think they could be a good idea. They seem to diminish sound isolation, but given I am thinking of closed-back devices, I believe the isolation would still be quite good overall.
- I have no need for attached microphones nor for the headphone to be wireless, I am fairly happy being corded to my computer.
- Finally, where I live the diversity of electronics found in stores is not great, and importing them is expensive and difficult. So, the more models are suggested as answer, the greater is the chance I can actually find one of them.
I list all my requirements, and their respective motives, since anyone is open to question my deductions and make their own suggestions.
PS. I am very new to the site, using it only sporadically and only as visitor, and it seems to me questions about headphones are not that common: so, if they are not really that welcome, please let me know.