This is my first time asking and I am not sure if I should ask this question here since I need something related to hardware and software I thought of giving it a try.
I have a hardware device that has an API (dll library) to control it. I am trying to find out what is the best way to have a web user interface that can use this library and control this device. Something same as what routers usually have.
My requirements are:
- The web user interface must work on all platforms (any operating system with a browser)
- It must use the same api. (My API is a C++ dll compiled on windows)
Note that it is flexible to add parts to the hardware such as a raspberry pi which could act as a web server, but I have to note that the api has a lot of processing so I would need a processor with high processing performance.
My questions are:
- How do routers implement such thing.
- Do I have to add a web server on the hardware which hosts the web ui requests
- Is it possible to have something like both the web server and web client on one PC in order to avoid adding a new processor on the hardware.
I tried to clarify the question as much as possible, and thank you in advance.