I've bought a Rode NT-USB Mini condenser microphone and am really happy with it. As expected the supplied "magnetic" stand transfers a lot of "bumps" from my desk and cherry mx red keyboard bottom-outs. I will likely mount the mic on a boom arm, but still would like a good shock mount for this Rode NT USB Mini with these requirements:
- Must have: fits Rode NT USB mini
- Must have: available for shipping in the Netherlands
- Should have: as small as (reasonably) possible - I didn't buy a "mini" mic for nothing
- Would like to have: under about $50,-
- Nice to have: under $30,-
- Nice to have: 'official' compatibility (I'd settle for a "generic" shock mount)
- Not important: wire thread size (I can buy adapters)
In addition of course to the more subjective but most important "it absorbs stuff" ("it works!") requirement. Just not sure how to make that a good must-have requirement...
I've done a bunch of things to research, including:
- Check the official "Compatible Products" (none listed)
- Search YouTube reviews but all are reviews for the mic itself, or the PSA-1 arm, or the non-mini mic
- Google for it, no results
So, bottom line: what shock mount would you recommend for the Rode NT USB Mini condenser mic?