I need personalized software for myself and I am looking for a dedicated tablet-like device to run this software.
Software would be mostly CRUD applications for objects made mostly from text and rarely with images/sound, but also with some graphical visualisation of those data.
There are few requirements for device:
- need to be able take it with me in pocket - so I guess suitable is only 8-10 inches (is that right?)
- budget is around 250USD (buying in Europe, but we can speak about US prices), maximum is 350USD
- software would be done in .NET, so it needs to be able to install Windows or Android (then I can use Xamarin), no need to be preinstalled, I can reinstall OS myself
- sometimes I would need some more space to watch and play with my data and I do not want to export-import it through the computer, so I would like to plug such a device to 4k monitor directly (miniDisplayPort / DisplayPort / HDMI)
- sometimes I would need to write some longer text there, so I would like to be able to plug a normal keyboard (USB? mini-USB? or somehow else)
- there could be potentially lots of data and I would prefer to have it stored in RAM memory most of time, eventually on some small local database - so I guess I would need big RAM device
- I do not want to have a wireless internet connection (I guess every device have nowadays, so my plan B is to just never log to any WiFi network or maybe open device and destroy a wireless adapter)
Anyone is able to recommend me some specific device?