I'm looking for a pair of true wireless earbuds that I can use with my (Linux) PC and my Android (Pixel 3) phone. Money is no object, but having all the features I need is a must.
- I need to be able to pair with both my PC and my phone without hassle switching between them. It seems like a lot of earbuds do this
- I need microphone input so I can talk on the phone. It appears that most earbuds have this.
- I need decent phone quality especially when outdoors where it might be windy. A few devices explicitly mention this, some allude to it, and others don't say.
- Google Assistant integration. I believe this rules out stuff like Apple's Airpod Pros
- Active and Passive Noise cancellation that can be switched off with a pass through of ambient sounds if desired. Strangely, a lot of earbuds omit one or both.
- A rating of at least IP54
- low headset latency is highly preferred so for instance if I'm gaming the sound is not out of sync with the screen
Here's issues I have found with earbuds I have researched so far. Note that for some devices I have no data on whether they meet certain requirements:
Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 - doesn't support hassle free pairing with multiple devices, has excessive latency (300ms)
Google Pixel Buds (2020) - no noise cancellation
Sony WF-1000XM3 - no IPX rating
Jabra Elite Active 75t - no active noise cancellation
Huawei Freebuds 3 and Huawei Freebuds 3i - the noise cancellation seems to be lacking on the 3 model, while the 3i is inferior to the 3 in many of the specs.