I rarely need to print, but when I do, I need the output right away (within 5 minutes).
I typically print 0-5 pages per month.
Is there any type of printer that would suit my needs?
What I care about:
- Size. The smaller the better. Something portable that I could take out of a drawer when I need to print would be great, but that's not a requirement. But given that I'm rarely going to use it, I don't want it occupying a large amount of space.
- Reliability. When I need to print, I need to print. I don't want to be dealing with clogged heads or anything like that.
- Cost. Since I'm just printing 0-5 pages per month, it's hard to justify spending much money on this. I would like to keep the cost per black and white page down below $0.20 if possible.
What I only care a little about:
- Color. It would be nice, but definitely not required. Even just a single accent color would be a plus. But again, not required. I own a red pen, a ruler, and four colors of highlighters. ;)
- WiFi or Bluetooth connectivity. One of these would be really nice, but not required. Otherwise, USB will suffice.
- Print quality. It doesn't need to be publishing quality. It just needs to be legible and reasonably clear. I think even 150dpi will be sufficient.
What I don't care about:
- Speed. As long as a black and white page can print in under 5 minutes, that's fine.
- Duplex. Single-sided is fine.
- Paper feeder. I don't mind feeding one sheet of blank paper at a time.
- Noise. Wake the dogs. Wake the neighbors. Wake the neighbor's dogs. That's all fine.
- Accommodating various paper sizes. As long as it can print on letter-sized paper (A4 or 8.5"x11"), that's fine.
Is there anything out there that might be suitable?