I bought Assassin's Creed: Syndicate last night and found that my graphics card was really struggling with it. The card itself is at least 2 years old (I bought it with my first paycheck in 2013) and was second hand/refurbished even then. It's had a good life, but I'm ready to give it a viking funeral.
My current hardware specs are as follows:
- Intel i5-i3570 3.4ghz (can be overclocked to 4ghz)
- 24GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333mhz (don't ask)
- 2TB Seagate Internal HDD (Not sure if that is entirely relevant - disk speeds aren't as fast as my SSD but I don't want to put something as beefy as AC on an SSD)
- Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4140#ov)
- Can't remember exact model of the PSU but I believe it is 700W.. it is, at lowest, 500W.
And, of course, the nvidia 650 Ti with 2GB graphics memory.
I'd ideally like to play at a steady 40+fps @ 1920x1080 on at least medium settings - right now the game is pretty choppy in terms of FPS especially in some scenes.
I understand, of course, that the AC games are known for their.. lack of optimisation :(
I'd be willing to stretch to about £250, which is just under the cost of this card but anything more would be pushing it.
Ebuyer links would be preferred as they do next day delivery ;-)