I am looking for a proper and recommended device to change musical tuning in the fly.

Let's say that I want some kind of music corrector connected to my home sound system and re-tune music playing at my home from 440 hz into 432 hz or 417 hz.

Is there any good solution to do that?

What is the name of this kind of device and where to buy it?

I know that I can use some software (for example Audacity) to change music frequency but I don't want to do that manually - I want to do that with some device connected to TV, speakers, etc..

Thank you for all you answers.

  • Any such device would need to be installed between the audio source input device and the amplifier. Do you have a separate amplifier, or does your existing sound system permit installing such a device?
    – K7AAY
    Mar 23 '20 at 17:40
  • This seems like a very trivial thing for a computer to handle with software by modifying the audio stream from its mic port and playing back to its speaker port. There are lots of options for software if you choose to use a computer instead of a dedicated device. (Even better if you play the audio from a computer in the first place)
    – Romen
    Mar 25 '20 at 17:25
  • @K7AAY, I'm just speaking of a computer with a mic and speaker jack, without assuming what those jacks are connected to. The line in or mic ports produce a digital stream inside the computer.
    – Romen
    Mar 25 '20 at 23:47
  • @K7AAY, You'd use the one that is more appropriate. Many soundcards can repurpose mic jacks as line-in jacks with a setting so it doesn't often matter. The frequency modification would be happening digitally, in the computer, before coming out the speaker jack.
    – Romen
    Mar 25 '20 at 23:51
  • @Romen I want to do that with some device connected to TV, speakers, etc.. is what the OP asked for.
    – K7AAY
    Mar 25 '20 at 23:58

Standalone pitch adjuster devices like the TC_Helicon which can adjust pitch to the accuracy you specify are studio devices, designed to fit into a 19" rack mount frame. You'd need to interface them between the audio source and your amplifier, if your amplifier supports that. They will all be more expensive than used PC running tone adjustment apps.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.