I am looking for a NAS that would accommodate the following things, some are essential, some are optional, here they are:
- It should hold 4 or 5 disks (this depends of the answer to the question I will ask at the end of my topic)
- It should be able to reuse my ARECA 1214 card that is in my Desktop. Since I will use the 4 disks that currently are in my desktop computer and want to reproduce the same setup (2 raid 1 grapes of 2 disks each, holding only data)
- It should be capable of handling CAT7 local network speeds (10Gbps)
- I need to be able to perform a backup of it's data using Acronis backup 11.5 or Acronis True Image 2019/20 (I currently use Acronis Backup 11.5 and I don't wish to change)
- I need to be able to install a plex server on it
- I need to be able to install retropie on it, and it should offer a better performance than my current Raspberry Pi3
- I'd like to connect it to my Samsung Smartthing hub (does this even exists ?)
- Bluethooth connection to bluethooth sound speakers ?
For the question I have, I want to make sure my datas are separated from my software, which mean I do not want to install retropie and plex on the disks that will hold my files (medias, games, my tax files etc etc ...). I suppose there's an OS on a NAS which has to be installed somewhere, so would I need a special fifth disk for that ?
I will also want to create symbolic links from the system disk to the data disks in order to save configuration settings (essentially: plex configuration, music player settings and library files, symbolic link for retropie to find roms etc ...)
Does the Holy Graal exists at a reasonable price ?