I'd like to get a separate small USB device that I can use to control my media player. Basically if it could send standard media keys, it would be good. It would stand on my desk, next to my keyboard which does not have media keys but which I otherwise like. Also, I don't want to spend a fortune on it - let's say, 20€ max. My OS is Windows 10.
Some options that would work:
- An explicit USB "media keypad" (haven't found anything like that)
- A standard USB keypad with programmable keys
- A USB device with at least 5 buttons which are programmable
- Infrared/radio remote control
What does not work:
- Adding a standard numeric USB keyboard and remapping the keys in software. I still want the numeric keypad on my main keyboard to work as intended and on Windows it's impossible to remap the keys on a specific keyboard.
- Making a software using Interception. That's what I'm using now, but it often glitches, to the point where sometimes my main keyboard is getting disabled entirely.