I just replaced my old Apple Cinema monitor (1680x1050) with an AOC curve gaming display (2560x1440).
My current setup does not seem to enjoy pushing that many pixels on the screen, laggy and jerky, I had to reduce the game (fallout 76) resolution to be playable; but I'd like to upgrade to something that would let me play at full resolution.
- CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz (Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology)
- RAM: 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
- Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P67A-UD4-B3 (Socket 1155)
- Graphics: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (PNY)
- Storage: 447GB KINGSTON SUV500480G ATA Device (SATA-2 (SSD))
- PSU: Antec 1000w.
I don't remember the wattage on my Power Supply, but If I remember, I got one that was over-powered.
I know my motherboard is old and not really upgradable.
Upgrade motherboard/cpu or upgrade gpu ?
I'm not certain what is the limiting factor here.
I've bitten the bullet and upgraded most of my components:
- Intel Core i5-9400F (with fan)
- G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8GB)
- GIGABYTE B365M DS3H LGA 1151 (300 Series)
- GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER