I want to start my air conditioner at 7am in the morning, and via my phone when coming back from work.
So, I am looking for a device with the characteristics below:
- Can connect to my home WiFi to receive instructions from the web.
- Can switch on/off my air conditioner. And also my cell lighting if possible.
- Can switch them on/off from a distance of 10 meters.
- As small as possible.
- As power-efficient as possible.
- Using wall outlet electricity, not batteries.
- Ideally contains a room temperature sensor.
- The API should require authentication.
- The API should be open and documented.
- Open source apps should be available for Android, if possible for iOS too.
- Maintained by a sizable community (commits by different people in the last few months).
- Ideally the sources/schematics for the hardware should be open source too.
Appliances to control
- Air conditioner: Fujitsu AS-J25C-W
- Light (if possible): Panasonic HH-CC0834A