I'm looking for a physical weighing scale/machine that allows the cashier to weigh different groceries (one at a time, of course) - and the weight be reflected via bluetooth* into the cashier's smartphone. The cashier would select the item on his/her phone, capture the weight from the weighing scale and correspondingly the total bill will be generated. This device needs to be portable, as the cashier is on a mobile cart.
The items being sold are loose (NOT packaged), so they will be placed in a temporary container tray (so the machine will need a "tare function" - ie, weighing of the empty container, followed by the weighing of the grocery item + tray, so only the difference is considered).
- Physical weighing scale/machine to handle loose items by weight
- Tare function (to subtract weight of holding tray)
- Accuracy to 1 g level (ideal)
- Commercial grade, meant for moderate daily use (~20-100 per day)
- Able to handle upto 10-15 kg of products per instance
- Bluetooth or similarly able to connect with smartphone app
- Displays live weight data on smartphone
- Live data can be accessed by our app on the smartphone
- Light weight (as much as possible)
- Battery powered (not requiring AC), able to last 8-10 hours with above usage
*Or another communication mechanism. It can be wired, but I'll need to understand how the two devices will be linked together.