Think of an A/B box. Do those exist in reverse? Say I have an expensive looper and don't want another, or maybe I have a talk-box that I want controlled by both a keyboard and a guitar without having to also switch what my mic is plugged into. Does there exist a pedal or something that has two inputs and one output, where the two inputs don't affect each other? I would be satisfied by something that doesn't even mix the levels of the two instruments, but other people may want that, so include that if there is one.

  • 1
    Many A/B boxes work in reverse, does that not work for you? Also, if you wanted both instruments to come through at the same time that would be called a mixer. – Romen Nov 22 '19 at 21:41
  • I don't have an A/B box so I wouldn't know. – JohnnyApplesauce Nov 22 '19 at 22:03
  • Well an A/B box is just a switch between two circuits, so it works in either direction. (2 IN / 1 OUT or 1 IN / 2 OUT) – Romen Nov 22 '19 at 22:03
  • That's awesome! Should I delete the post? Or maybe you can post that comment as an answer. – JohnnyApplesauce Nov 22 '19 at 22:04

You might just need an A/B box.
Most A/B boxes are just a simple switch between the two jacks.

You can use them for two inputs, one output.
Or one input, two outputs.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.