The monitor is going to be used mostly for office work (programming and browsing) and occasionally for watching a film.
It should have the following properties:
- Very low minimum brightness: Monitors I’ve used so far have had a minimum brightness of around 60 cd/m² (according to the "PRAD" review site), which I found a bit too high when working in an otherwise dark room.
- no PWM, as it will be used for many hours in a row
- 4K UHD (actually I prefer 16:10, but I know that this is currently hard to get together with the other requirements.)
- I like the 27" size, but I could probably get used to a bigger size.
- Ideally, it should have Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync), in case I have a Adaptive-Sync-capable graphics adapter at some point. But at least, it should be possible that it can play 24 Hz content without judder (by setting my graphics adapter output to 24 Hz).