I'm planning to build a PC for personal use. I'm studying Swarm Robotics, Machine Learning (for robotics), and Cybersecurity (mainly hacking and pentesting).
From what I've read online, there's not much specific needs for the robotics area but good GPU is needed for Machine Learning and 1TB of SSD is needed for running VMs for Cybersecurity. Since I'm also learning to use CUDA programming, I'll be using an NVIDIA graphics card.
My PC should include:
- run "dual" booting with Ubuntu (for ROS & robotics), Kali (for cybersecurity) and Windows 10 (for MS Office, some circuit design & CAD software)
- a main SSD for fast processing and storage
- 1+ extra HDDs with 1TB+ storage for data (I've read that it's hard to use Linux software on external drives)
- RAM (not yet decided)
- GPU: Geforce 10 series (for CUDA, machine learning, simulations)
- A network/wireless card compatible with Kali tools (preferably with Bluetooth and/or BLE)
I'd like specifications and recommendations for the SSD, HDD, RAM & GPU for my needs. Please also add if I need some other hardware not yet specified for Machine Learning or Cybersecurity.
I'd like to optimize my PC for Machine Learning (with robotics), simulations, and Cybersecurity (mainly pentesting) with minimal future upgrade/change to the system in mind.
My budget: 1500-2000 USD