I would like to control a Raspberry Pi 4 with my smartphone (for my drone). Now I'm looking for an interface between the RPi and my Android phone.
- Control with a web interface or app
- Range: at least 1 km (0.62 miles).
- Data rate: I don't need a high data rate, because I don't want a camera live stream. I only want to send small commands, like forward, backward, ...
- Fast connection -> max. 0.5 second: Phone -> RPi
- No license (for special frequencies)
- One-time purchase -> No monthly fees
Here are some that I have looked at, but do not meet my requirements:
- Use a sim card for the RPi:
- Websocket connection over a server -> web interface
- Unlimited range
- Monthly fees
- Use the RPi as Access Point
- Connect the phone with the RPi-Wifi -> web interface
- I think: to low range
- Connect my phone with a self-built antenna e.g. with RFM95W
- Connect the antenna with USB-C to my phone
- I must program a driver
- To low range
Thanks for your Hardware Recommendations!