I'm looking for a SBC/µC board for an university lab course. The objective of the course is to teach various levels of hardware-related programming, from simple bare-metal ISR in assembler, till complex OS mechanisms in some more high-level language (C, Rust).
My requirements are:
- A hardware base with a well structured and possibly not to complex design (no i64; RISC-V would be nice, but also ARM, or even Z80)
- Fine-grained documentation of the whole board without any hidden parts (that excludes the RasPi)
- A good emulator (of the board, not only of the processor) to allow to do a big deal of programming offline
- Sufficient memory for an OS (i.e., the most AVR-based systems are knocked out)
- JTAG and some video (VGA/DVI/HDMI...) would be nice
- Performance is not an issue at all
What systems should I consider?