FWIW I run the following config in my living room:
- Case: RAIDMAX Element ATX-101BG
- Mobo: some mini-itx board, AsRock maybe?
- CPU: i5-4690
- GPU: GTX 970 Reference
- SSD: 240GB Corsair GS
- HDD: Western Digital Black 2TB
- Fans: stock CPU fan, large fan at top of case
- Memory: 16GB @ 1866
- PSU: CORSAIR CX series CX500M
Using Kill-A-Watt meter, if my memory serves me right then I peaked around 350 watts when I tortured it with Prime95 and FurMark at the same time.
CPU: 90°C, GPU 80°C
I play Witcher 3 on max settings with hairworks set to 2xAA for hours on end.
CPU: 70°C, GPU 80°C
If I have a larger case then there would definitely be room for better cooling but I never intend to OC and Prime95 is a highly edge-case temperature scenario.
Idle temps, cool as a cucumber:
CPU: 35°C, GPU: 35°C