I'm a student and a programmer. I want to buy a laptop which I will use as a workstation. It should be very powerful as well as portable.
It should have:
- at least 16 GB of RAM (I will possibly play a little with virtual machines)
- Intel's HQ processor of the sixth generation would be the best. I don't want ultra-low voltage cpu.
- maximum 2,3 kg of weight
- 14 or 15 inch screen matte/antiglare screen with good resolution (HD+, FHD or better)
- not a MSI (I hate their keyboards), not a Macbook
- replaceable HDD (I already have mSATA SSD, I would like to install it using SATA adapter)
- not super expensive
- docking port would be a plus
- good battery
Does it exist?
There are some good laptops coming. I will probably go with Dell Precision 5000 (new version) or Dell XPS. I'm waiting for the end of this year to buy it. I'm not sure about the prices though. We'll see.