I have just purchase the HP Elitebook 8570w and disassemble it for cleaning. Unfortunately when I was trying to put it back I broke all three clips locking cables connection touch-pad and fingerprint-scanner to the motherboard. Well, now I know at least that I was never suppose to pull them out, but thats one other story.

I try to look for exchange parts but I guess my English terminology lacks when it comes to hardware. So I am left with those questions:

  • How do you call this type of clip?
  • Is this some kind of universal part or am I on the mercy of the laptop manufacturer?

One picture is worth a thousand words, so those are clips locking all three cables right bellow the gpu unit:

enter image description here


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.