UPDATE: even though I have accepted an answer, I will be very happy for any other suggestions.
I've been a frequent laptop user for years and whenever I needed a new desktop keyboard I managed to get a laptop-like (think ThinkPad x220 or older) keyboard that had:
- low-profile keys which come with low travel distance
- non-chiclet keys - i.e keys bordering each other, without any borders formed by the top of the keyboard body
- scissor switches, which provide reasonable key stability
- wired connection, which is more secure than whatever wireless one I've ever seen
- generally recognisable 104±1 keys layout (I'm not picky about the exact Enter / </kbd> / Backspace placement, just prefer them to be close to each other).
- I would prefer "classical" key labels, i.e.:
- symbols slightly in the corner
- a decent (non-gaming/futuristic) font
Recently, I'm unable to find anything like that - non-chiclet keyboards I have seen usually have too long travel distance.
- Layouts where the arrow block is pushed into the main block and the 6-kay block above it rearranged somehow.
- Multimedia buttons (if they are there I either use them or switch them off on software level).
Do you have any recommendations?