Dear hardware enthusiasts, I need your advice.
My 4 years old gaming PC is currently running 2x GTX770 in SLI. I plan to upgrade to a single powerful gaming card. My budget is enough for GTX 1080 Ti, RTX 2080, or below.
I'm considering two aspects:
- I wanna feel major performance improvement (fps) in games, and
- I wanna avoid that another PC part will become a bottleneck so that the new card won't be used effectively.
I do not plan to do another major investment so I will rather buy a lower card if the more powerful would make no sense on this setup. What card would you recommend me and why?
My current setup:
- Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 + 850W power supply
- 32 GB RAM Kingston 4x8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 HyperX
- 2x GIGABYTE GTX770 OC, 4GB DDR5 in SLI
- CPU Intel Core i7-4790K
- HDD SSD CRUCIAL MX100 512GB
- using Philips 298P4QJEB screen with 2560x1080
Any feedback will be appreciated.