At some point in the future, I'd like to replace my home router with a x86 box running pfsense. I'm rather fond of the NUC form factor for things like this but finding a suitable one has been tricky. My requirements?
- No soldered in ram. Might happen, who knows. I'm happy with a single slot tho
- I'm not picky about the processor. Atom x3 or better. Passively cooled would be awesome.
- Msata, M2 or regular sata is fine. I'll possibly boot off USB anyway
- dual gigabit network ports built in. Essential. Would be awesome if one or both are intel. (To make it doubly clear - ethernet ports, gigabit ethernet capable, copper, RJ45 compatible, quantity 2).
- NUC form factor, though I'm fine with any varient.
- Optionally built in wifi adaptor that supports hostapd.
- Available in/will ship to singapore or the US
- Reasonably priced - dosen't make sense for me to pay 2x what a regular nuc class machine costs just for a spare ethernet port. I accept there will be a small price premium.
- No I will not use a dongle. I considered it. I may do it. Its unacceptable for the scope of this question