Looking for an MP3 player for a senior.
The ONLY use case is "turn on player on max volume, play 100% of mp3s in storage in default sequence until battery dies or turned off".
Features, in order of importance:
- Built-in speaker with reasonable volume (absolutely required).
- At least 4GB memory. Support for SD Cards preferred as nice to have.
- Decent play time (at least 4-6 hours per charge/battery). Does not matter if it requires recharging or changing batteries, but cannot be dependent on wall power fulltime.
- EASY controls. Preferably simple, big buttons, does not require complex manipulation like "press and hold for 2 seconds" to power up.
- Cost. Should be less than $50 and available in USA for shipping.
Do not care about:
- Specifics of power. Can be batteries or rechargeable. As long as doesn't require wall power during use.
- Capacity/storage beyond 4GB. Nice to have but not needed.
- Screen is not required.
- Bluetooth not required (actually prefer no BT as it drains battery)
- Complex functionality. See "Use Case" above. No need to skip, random, forward, show playlist, have directories/playlists, configuration, etc...
What have I Tried:
- Sansa Shaker. Used to be cheap but couldn't find for less than $100 on Amazon lately.