I have an HP Omen X laptop 17.3"

The "E" key came off as I was foolishly trying to remove to clean a spec of food underneath. In doing so, the plastic component which connects the key to the laptop broke and I need a replacement. Customer support only offers to replace the whole keyboard which seems quite excessive to me.

Specifically, the perimeter of the hole which allows the plastic to "hook" onto the laptop has broke.

Where might one find a spare plastic "foot" for a particular laptop's keyboard?

enter image description here

  • My gut feeling is I don't think you'll be able to find a spare part for something so small and specific as this. I think you might have better luck looking for broken HP Omen X's on ebay/amazon and trying to cannibalize parts from there. Nov 19 '18 at 17:16

I don't know if this is the same company from which I've purchased key caps in the past, but a quick search with the terms "replacement key cap omen 17 laptop" resulted in a number of links. One of the more promising links: Quickfix Laptop Keys provides a number of Omen model identifiers. It appears that you would get three pieces including the plastic hinge and the cup.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.